With procurement talent at a premium, and the skills required to be successful rapidly evolving, professional development has arguably never been so important within our field. But, are old-world methods of learning such as classroom training dead?
Mark Pollack, Vice President of SIG University, is an expert in adult education. In today’s episode, Mark shares why ongoing development is so important, along with the keys to delivering training programs that inspire and motivate professionals to engage in the developmental opportunities provided to them.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How Mark’s personal experiences shaped his passion for adult education.
- The backstory behind the founding of SIG University.
- The 7 reasons why supporting continuous education and professional development is an imperative for employers.
- Why today’s training budgets are spent on targeted learning.
- What are some of the challenges that organizations face when they being to consider investing in training and development?
- Is classroom based training dead?
- How are training delivery methods changing?
- How can you build accountability into training, and inspire participants to invest the time needed to learn rather than treat training as a check the box exercise?
- How do employers and employees look differently at skills gaps and development opportunities?
- The 5 ways a professional can invest in self development if they do not have access to formal learning programs.
Click here to download a copy of today’s episode transcript (PDF).
To discuss your needs and find out how we can help your team perform at its peak, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412.228.5054.
Special thanks to Mark Pollack and SIG for sharing their Insights.