Our client, a leader in their industry, has engaged our firm to place a talented Procurement professional sourcing Information Technology with a focus on Hardware, Software, Telecom and Professional Services. This position will be based in the Las Vegas Metro area. This challenging role, open due to an internal promotion, offers the opportunity to be a part of creating a highly strategic sourcing organization. The ideal candidate will have strong influencing, communication and prioritization skills proven within a fast-paced environment.
- Develops and implements a sourcing process that delivers the right level of service and commercial outcomes through planning, defining business needs, assessing supply market, defining strategy, execution, supplier selection and contracting.
- Acts as an expert in collaborating with internal and external resources to develop initiatives that meet departmental goals within budget and established timelines.
- Challenges the balance between cost and service ensuring value for money.
- Ensures supplier priorities and capacities are aligned, identifies options, risks and mitigations.
- Ensures all contract obligations are fulfilled, risks are mitigated and contracts remain valid throughout their lifecycle. Holds internal organization and suppliers accountable for their actions.
- Develops and mentors staff through open communication and training and development opportunities; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation, while fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. May advise on policies and procedures internally and externally resources.
- Five or more years of indirect strategic sourcing experience with a focus on IT Services including hardware, software, telecom and professional services.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- CPM, CPSM or MCIPS certification highly desired