We are seeking a dynamic individual experienced in managing specialized logistics networks with a specific focus on research and development. The ideal candidate will have worked in the Logistics arena, as both vendor and client, and must have a strong grasp of the intricacies that govern international air and ground transport, including IATA HAZMAT regulations. The candidate must be a self-starter, highly motivated, capable of working with little supervision, and proactive to solve for complex logistics challenges in a timely manner. The candidate will work closely with all international R&D teams on highly sensitive initiatives that will require involving Logistics, Operations, Trade Compliance, Legal, Tax and Finance to define optimal transport methods.
- Actively interact with all teams to establish logistics support requirements
- Have a strong grasp of IATA HAZMAT regulations and their applications
- Manage R&D specific carrier and courier relationship
- Work closely with Legal and Procurement from quote to delivery to drive operational efficiency
- Manage, guide and coordinate the movement of all equipment, support technology, and test-ware critical to our worldwide R&D efforts
- Understand compliance restrictions and identify special handling requirements associated with R&D projects to reduce tax implications, apply FTA programs, manage duty, and optimize import opportunities
- Publish and maintain country specific R&D Logistics SOPs, including internal wiki
- Create a strong support structure with existing resources
- Implement and maintain Inventory Control & Accuracy for all capital equipment
- Develop, forecast and advise operational budget for the R&D logistics needs.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Logistics involving international import, export, and domestic activities
- At least 5 years of experience in operations within a 3PL or freight brokerage company
- Strong grasp of import/export, Trade Compliance, PGA’s, FTAs
- HAZMAT/Dangerous Goods certification suggested
- Broad international logistics and trade compliance experience
- Experience in time sensitive, delivery critical, international trade
- Strong organizational background.