Job Purpose / Summary
The Senior Associate – Contracts is a member of a client sourcing service delivery team, responsible for drafting, negotiating and executing third party supplier agreements, according to Denali client’s corporate policies and business unit procedures. The Senior Associate – Contracts will thoroughly diagnose client business needs, collaborate with client legal counsel, and work with third party suppliers to maximize customer value while mitigating risk. The Senior Associate – Contracts will support contract activity that may include client standard contract templates, new master agreements, statements of work, amendments, or require development of specialized contract vehicles to meet client business goals and objectives. Generally, involves independent judgment and analysis of significant issue identification and resolution. Act as the client focal point for communication with legal, finance, procurement and stakeholders for resolution of contract issues and disputes.
- Attention to detail – Grammar, writing, speaking
- JD strongly preferred
- 2-3 years of contracts draft experience after undergrad
- Ability to navigate technology needs and change of priorities
- Superior communication skills.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Close collaborate with client business stakeholders to secure a thorough understanding of client business needs for the supplier relationship
- Review and prepare third party contracts in accordance with client policy
- Perform steps in basic contract cycle:
- Proposal Review: Receives supplier proposals from a Client Sourcing Manager and reviews content for any risk not already identified by the Sourcing Manager
- Defining Scope & Business Requirements: The Senior Associate – Contractsengages with the Requester and Sourcing Manager to define the Requester’s business requirements/needs for the contract
- Information Gathering: The Senior Associate – Contracts interfaces with the supplier to fill-in information gaps
- Contract drafting: Once scope is defined and all requirements have been gathered, the Senior Associate – Contracts drafts a Statement of Work using the client template (a.k.a. ‘paper’). Care should be taken to omit terms contained within the proposal that are unfavorable to client, while still writing an accurate description of the work to be performed
- Review Process: The Senior Associate – Contracts presents the draft contract to the Requester, Sourcing Manager, supplier, and Legal team for review and approval (in that order). Incorporates any requested changes, then routes to client’s Legal for final review/stamping, then to supplier for signature
- Facilitation between Legal Teams: Where differences exist between supplier and client’s preferred Legal terms, Senior Associate – Contracts may be asked to play the middle-man and exchange information between both parties. Must be able to understand and summarize each party’s position
- Driving contract process completion: The Senior Associate – Contracts manages each step of the process working with stakeholders to overcome roadblocks and keep the process progressing to completion.
- Additional Tasks:
- Tracking all existing contracts and working with requesters to determine when contract amendments (renewals) are necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Contracting Functional Skills:
- Ability to draft moderate to complex, non-routine contractual agreements
- Ability to review supplier proposals and identify risk and unfavorable business or legal terms proposed
- Ability to convert ambiguous and/or informal language often contained within proposals or internal requirements documents into tightly-defined contract language
- Ability to perform contracting strategically in order to reduce contract risk, minimize administrative effort
- Familiarity with Legal language/terms
- Use of independent judgment and creativity applied to resolution of contract issues.
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong writing and grammar skills; ability to write clearly and concisely
- Strong interpersonal skills, must be willing to regularly engage in-person and over the phone with internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Excellent internal and external negotiation skills
Client Services Capabilities:
- Ability to quickly master client specific contracting processes, terminology, political environment, systems and unique requirements by various business groups
- Ability to influence and execute process improvement projects.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience is preferred
- 5+ years of work experience in operational, procurement or sourcing, and a minimum of 3 years of contract management experience.
- Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM) and/or Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM) preferred.
About Denali Sourcing Services:
Denali Sourcing Services helps sourcing and procurement organizations dramatically increase savings and total spend under management with a highly-efficient shared services sourcing execution model. With 5 delivery centers in 4 continents, Denali teams support clients across 20 countries in 17 languages. This flexible model, whether leveraged as a fully-managed service or on-demand, can increase both organizational bandwidth and throughput while improving impact with internal customers. In helping our clients elevate their games and add more value to their organizations, Denali team members develop strong sourcing capabilities, acquire in-depth understanding and knowledge of client industries, and become proficient in client management and project management.
Please respond with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org