The Delivery Lead – Sourcing Delivery will lead a client sourcing service delivery team, acting as the focal point of the sourcing execution for a specific client, making operational decisions and assignments to service the client and manage performance of the overall team.
The Delivery Lead will lead the development and execution of complex sourcing projects as well as provide guidance to team members on their sourcing projects.
He/she will attend to day-to-day team operational issues and act as the liaison (i.e. point of escalation) with the client for their team’s management issues. The Manager will be expected to use discretion in applying best practices and procedures to resolve issues, demonstrate a broad and thorough understanding and application of technical and/or specialized concepts and knowledge in business and strategic sourcing.
The Delivery Lead may manage a team of Sr. Sourcing Associates, Sourcing Associates and Analysts and is accountable for driving the performance, quality and consistency of the delivery while guiding the career development of team members.
Key Responsibilities / Job Duties
- Sourcing Execution: Provide sourcing services (RFx, reverse auctions, negotiations) to our clients based on predefined service levels, managing multiple immediate to complex projects simultaneously
- Once a project request is received, assess completeness of requirements, perform due diligence and validation, follow up with the requestor to obtain further project details, answer any process related questions, and provide updates on project status
- Lead and execute the Denali sourcing process from start to finish, e.g., spend data collection and analysis, supply market analysis and supplier discovery if needed, RFx development, publishing and management, reverse auctions, negotiations, bid response analysis and synthesis
- Manage suppliers during the sourcing process, including conducting supplier orientation and training on the sourcing process, following up with suppliers on milestone activities
- Perform in depth analysis of proposals submitted, facilitate supplier evaluations, draw conclusions, prepare comprehensive summaries, and present to the client in a concise manner
- Have a strong understanding of the reverse auction methodology and concepts and apply them to various sourcing scenarios
- Client and Program Management:
- Develop and manage reporting of metrics, SLAs
- Act as the first point of escalation with the team and client, communicating and resolving operational issues, escalating to Client Program manager as needed
- Provide Client Program Manager with insights into “significant” project work and daily operational and/or project issues
- Assist with preparation, tracking, and reporting of team metrics (e.g., resource/team bandwidth, project metrics)
- Lead process improvement discussions to enhance operations. Communicate changes to the Client Program Manager and delivery team
- Delivery Team / People Management
- Manage project pipeline, assign projects to team members based on availability
- Manage resource capacity of their delivery team so they can ensure support of client requirements and balance the team’s workload
- Manage additional resource requests (screening and interview for fit, on-boarding)
- Arrange and coordinate training needs of the team
- Provide leadership and guidance on complex/strategic projects with high importance and visibility within the client
- Lead quality assurance processes and regular audits of client delivery team
- Set individual objectives at the start of the year and manage those objectives during the rest of the year
- Manage performance and growth of their respective teams
- Mentor and coach on skills and competency development for team members
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Procurement Functional/Technical Skills:
- Strong knowledge of Procure-to-Pay processes
- Strong Sourcing skills, including sourcing methodology and process, eSourcing technology, RFX development and management
- Familiarity with various best practice sourcing approaches and techniques
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with data in Excel using pivot tables and various other key Excel functions to analyze, organize and present data
- Ability to synthesize data, draw conclusion, and make recommendations based on understanding of client objectives and requirements
- Proficiency using eSourcing tools including eRFx, reverse auctions, project management tools, and contract management tools.
- Basic to intermediate negotiation skills
- Business Fundamentals:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (both internally, with client stakeholders, and the supplier community)
- Demonstrated teamwork and team leadership capabilities
- Excellent project management skills including project planning, time management, multitasking, critical path definition
- Ability to develop and implement processes across multiple programs to create consistency and efficiencies
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Client Services Capabilities:
- Strong customer service orientation including demonstrated issue resolution and relationship management skills
- Ability to learn and master client specific processes, terminology, political environment, systems and unique requirements by various business groups
- Solid decision making ability using available facts in sensitive client and internal situations
- Leadership/People Management Skills:
- Strong leadership skills, including ability to motivate and manage people
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- MBA or master’s degree in supply chain, operations, or business preferred
- Minimum 5 – 10 years of work experience in procurement, sourcing, operations, or supply chain
- Consulting or client service delivery experience preferred
- Deep understanding of at least one sourcing category and a good understanding of an additional 2-5 categories (e.g. pricing/cost structures, terminology, key vendors, key requirements, typical sourcing levers, etc.)
- Prior management experience supervising 5 or more people.
About Denali Sourcing Services:
Denali Sourcing Services helps sourcing and procurement organizations dramatically increase savings and total spend under management with a highly-efficient shared services sourcing execution model. With 5 delivery centers in 4 continents, Denali teams support clients across 20 countries in 17 languages. This flexible model, whether leveraged as a fully-managed service or on-demand, can increase both organizational bandwidth and throughput while improving impact with internal customers. In helping our clients elevate their games and add more value to their organizations, Denali team members develop strong sourcing capabilities, acquire in-depth understanding and knowledge of client industries, and become proficient in client management and project management.